Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fab Purse

Here’s my card for the final Viva la Verve sketch for August. The twist for this sketch was to use your favorite color combo, so I had to pull out the kraft cardstock (one of my very favorite things!). I paired it with shades of blue and cream for this fun card that’s on its way to my sister for her birthday.

I used the purse image from Verve’s new Express Yourself set as the focal image. The purse is cut out and attached to the card with a dimensional. I added a coordinating blue rhinestone as an accent on the purse. The “you’re so fabulous” sentiment from the new Bountiful Backgrounds set fit perfectly underneath the purse. I love the clean, graphic look of the sentiments in this set!

I used the dotted background stamp from Bountiful Backgrounds for the blue panel across the cardfront. To keep with the dotted theme, I embossed a Chocolate Chip panel with my Swiss Dot embossing folder for the panel that runs up and down the card. I kept my embellishments simple, adding only a piece of elegant kraft taffeta ribbon to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Express Yourself and Bountiful Backgrounds stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Kraft taffeta ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); oval dies (Nestabilities); blue self-adhesive rhinestone (Darice); Swiss dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips