Monday, August 3, 2009

Ruff Day?

Here's my second Kitchen Sink Stamps post for the day. Be sure to scroll down to the next post for all the details on this month's new Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge.

While I had the Multi-step Kittens and Pup stamp set out for my challenge card, I had to try the cutie dog image out, too. I used this week's sketch challenge from Paper Craft Planet, hosted by Diana, as the basis for this clean and simple card. Again I used shades of brown for my image, but a slightly different combination than the one I used for the kittens.

I went for a monochromatic look, using coordinating shades of browns for the rest of the card. I did some faux stitching across the Soft Suede panel to break up the brown just a bit, then fancied it up with an elegant satin ribbon bow.

Materials Used:
Multi-step Kittens and Pup stamp set, Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Vivid Tuscan Tan ink, Soft Sand cardstock (Gina K Designs); Soft Suede and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); wooden button, twine (Papertrey Ink); brown satin ribbon (Target)

2 comments:

  1. Super cute - love that pup!! So great to see you in person at CHA Lori!! Hope you had a good flight back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this adorable layout!! So perfect for this sweet pup!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips