Thursday, November 26, 2009

Snowbody

My Unity November Stampin' Store kit, Believe in Fairytales, arrived the other day with my i {heart} papers order and I had to try it out. I used Mercy's latest sketch challenge as the inspiration for this sweet card.

The snowman image is embossed in white on a white panel. I used a sponge inked with some Baja Breeze ink to rub ink on to the panel, revealing the embossed snowman. Easy, but a very cool look. I added the sweet sentiment beneath the image in rose ink.

I picked the colors to coordinate with the My Mind's Eye designer paper I used to cover the cardfront. Yes, it's from last year's holiday line, but I love the pattern and colors. A rectangle Nestabilities die cut is layered beneath the snowman. I ran it through my Big Shot with a snowflake embossing folder to add some interest, then gently rubbed it with a shimmery white ink pad to highlight the flakes a bit more. A bit of satin ribbon finishes off the card.

Hope all of my readers have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with their family and friends. Your visits warm my heart! Be sure to stop by tomorrow for all the details on the big Black Friday sale at IHP . . .

Materials Used:

Other: Baja Breeze and Regal Rose Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock, white embossing powder, sponge (Stampin' Up!); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. aaahhh, lori...this is so sweet! beautiful dp, great emboss resist technique, and precious sentiment!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an amazing job!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the emboss resist snowman. What an awesome job! You card is entirely gorgeous! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I totally forgot about that technique! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips