Thursday, December 17, 2009

Be the Star

Here’s my card for this week’s Viva la Verve challenge. I went with some sparkle and shine to go with the star-themed sentiment I used as the focal image.

I built the card around the encouraging sentiment from Verve’s Starstruck stamp set. The sentiment is stamped in teal ink on a white panel. I paired it with a glittery paper from DCWV’s Citrus Mat Stack. I added a teal pinked edged panel, embossed with dots, underneath the sentiment. The raised dots are rubbed with some shimmery white ink for a little more sparkle. The yellow dotted strip that runs along the right side of the card has a strip of ruffled yellow ribbon attached to it.

I wanted to add a star-shaped element to the card, but had a hard time figuring out where to place it. When I put it at the right side of the sentiment panel (where there’s lots of empty space), the card looked too heavy on the right side because of the ruffled ribbon. After trying a few other arrangements, I finally settled on putting it at the bottom of the sentiment panel. It covers the star in the sentiment’s font, but other than that, it worked okay.

Materials Used:
Starstruck stamp set (Verve Stamps); Taken With Teal Classic ink, Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Whisper White cardstock, small star punch (Stampin’ Up!); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance); designer paper (DCWV’s Citrus Mat Stack); Lemon Tart satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); pinked circle die (Nestabilities); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. I think the star placement looks perfect! Great colors and I love the ruffled ribbon, I can't seem to get mine to look like that, any tips?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips