Monday, December 7, 2009

Birthday Balloons

I got some new stamps from Verve last week and I tried them out over the weekend for a pair of sketch challenges.

First up is the card I did for Mercy's Tuesday sketch challenge. I stamped the balloon image on the sketch's large circle panel and colored them with Copic markers. I stamped the balloons a second time, colored them again, and cut them out before attaching them to the circle panel with foam tape. The "it's your day sentiment is stamped next to the balloons in red ink.

I paired the balloons with some My Mind's Eye designer paper. I used both sides of the paper for the panels. The stripe in the paper is more pink than red, but I think it still works okay. Each of the designer paper panels was layered on a rose panel before they were arranged on the red card base. I added a rose ribbon to one of the panels.

Materials Used:
Party Time stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red and Regal Rose cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Nestabilities); foam tape

This one's for this week's Viva la Verve sketch challenge. I had a hard time with this one! First, I couldn't find patterned papers that I liked once I had them arranged along the borders of the card, then once I did, I couldn't get them cut to the right sizes. It took a while, but I finally got it to work.

I used the balloon image from Party Time again and colored the balloons to match the colors in the October Afternoon Night Light designer papers. The "time to party" sentiment is stamped in bold red. I filled in the empty space in the upper right corner with a knotted red ribbon stretched across the corner. Everything's arranged on a pale yellow card base. It's hard to see in the photo, but I used some foam tape to attach the image panel. So, even though I wasn't sure about this one, I think it worked out okay in the end.

Materials Used:
Party Time stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Barely Banana and Real Red cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon-Night Light line); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Lori! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Balloon Birthday card. Gives me an idea for my granddaughter's b-day card. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lori...i LOVE these...so bright and cheerful! great papers, coloring, and clean and crisp lines!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week...you did a phenomenal job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips