Friday, January 8, 2010

Simply Amazing Sketch

Here’s my card for my second week as Guest Sketch Diva for the Viva la Verve sketch and inspiration challenge. I got my inspiration from the color blocked look of the rug in one of the inspiration photos that Amber shared. The rug, with its modern look and shades of blue, green, and brown, would look perfect in my house!

I was going for kind of a masculine feel on my card. I used a pair of blue and green panels for the cardfront. The panels are stamped tone on tone with images from Verve’s Bountiful Backgrounds stamp set. I set an embossed chocolate panel over the blue and green stamped ones to add a little texture. The panels were arranged on a dark brown mat, then layered on the kraft card base.

The “simply amazing” sentiment is stamped on a kraft panel in Soft Suede ink that was stamped off one time first for a softer look. I inked around the edges with some more Soft Suede ink, then wrapped a knotted piece of dark brown twill around the panel before attaching it to the card. I used a large star punch to punch out a matching blue star as an accent.

Materials Used:
Bountiful Backgrounds stamp set (Verve Stamps); Soft Suede and Baja Breeze Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, and Kraft cardstock, Chocolate Chip twill, sponge, large star punch (Stampin’ Up!); Spring Moss ink, Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Rings embossing folder (QuicKutz); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Very nice card. Love the colors and it does have a nice masculine feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I didn't realize you were doing some guest design work for Verve! Congrats! This is a terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... nice card!!!! just to let you know I have plans to go to the CHA! sat 23rd! I'll be looking for you and susana!!! woohoooo!!!! see'ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know I love it! These are so my colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color combination and the embossing is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and it is perfect for a masculine card - love the rings embossing folder. I am wondering if the quickutz folders work in a cuttlebug?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips