Saturday, January 30, 2010

Start Each Day

It's Saturday, so it's time once again for a new sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. Sankari is our hostess this week. I had so much fun hanging out with her in California at CHA and can't wait to see her again when she heads out this way to visit her family.

I have to admit that I strayed a little from the sketch, but only because I couldn't stand to hide any part of this adorable Pure Innocence girl from My Favorite Things. I hope Sankari will forgive me--LOL! I colored the image, called Start the Day with WHEE!, with Copic markers, then airbrushed in a really pale blue sky. All was going well until I thought I was done, then reconsidered and turned the airbrush back on. That led to a very unwanted big blob of ink. FYI--You cannot erase a big blob with clear blending solution. That just erases the color. And, as I was re-plugging in the compressor for round 2 with the airbrush (pre-blue blob), I managed to reset my surge protector, which in turn reset several electronic devices, like my TV and DVR/satellite receiver. I was over the airbrush thing after that. So, ignore the blob and sort of white patch at the right side of the image panel from my unsuccessful repair job. Moving on . . .

I used two different patterned papers from the Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday line on the cardfront. They're paired with some bold Crushed Curry paper for the card base and panel across the cardfront and some Lipstick Red for the mats under the image and sentiment. I really liked the yellow of the Crushed Curry against the dotted patterned paper--it's a little bright and busy, but I think it's okay.

I slipped the set's sentiment off to the side a bit to keep it from covering up the image. I tried, but couldn't get it to cover my Copic blob. It's attached with foam tape, overlapping the simple ribbon accent.

If you want to play along with this week's sketch challenge, please upload your card using the keyword sk013010 so it can be added to the album with the rest of the creations based on the sketch.

Materials Used:
Start the Day with WHEE! stamp set (My Favorite Things); Lipstick Red and White cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Crushed Curry cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Cosmo Cricket-Girl Friday line); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); circle dies (Nestabilities); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips