Friday, January 1, 2010

Viva La Verve From the Heart

I am so honored to be the guest Sketch Sample Diva for this month's Viva la Verve challenges. I'm a big Verve fan and I always look forward to the Friday sketches. You can find out all the info about the challenge and see the sketch in the Verve forum on SCS.

Here's my card for January's first sketch. I was inspired by the clean lines and the colors in the modern entryway shown in one of the inspiration photos Amber provided.

I stamped the heart border strip from Thankful Hearts repeatedly in red ink on a red panel to make my own designer paper for the card. I flipped and offset the image slightly when I stamped it to add variation and interest to my pattern. The stamped panel is layered on a black panel with a strip of pleated red satin ribbon stitched along its edge. I layered these panels on a piece of silver paper, then on a gray panel that's embossed with the Swiss Dot embossing folder to add some interest and texture.

I stamped the set's "from the heart" sentiment on a white circle in red ink. The combination of fonts in this sets--and the sayings themselves--are fabulous! I added a simple piece of knotted red satin ribbon to the circle as an accent before matting it on a black panel and attaching it to the card.

Materials Used:

Thankful Hearts stamp set (Verve Stamps); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Basic Black, Basic Gray, and Whisper White cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); red satin ribbon (Michaels); sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips