Saturday, February 20, 2010

Better Get Better

After my first almost full work week in quite a while, I am so ready for Saturday! And, since it's Saturday, it's time for another Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. This week's sketch is courtesy of Adela.

I used another one of my new Pure Innocence images from My Favorite Things as the focal image on the round panel. I colored the little girlie and her teddy bear with Copic markers. The ground is drawn in with a marker and there's a soft blue background airbrushed around the image.

I paired the girl with some patterned paper from K & Company's Wild Raspberry line. I added a yellow ribbon and button-embellished bow to the left side of the card. The image is matted on a red panel and layered over the ribbon. A small red felt flower sits at the top right edge of the panel. It's a little smaller than I would have liked, but the larger one I had was way too big, so I settled for this one. The matching sentiment is attached to the card with foam tape.

If you play along with this week's sketch challenge (and I think there may even be a prize involved with this one . . .), be sure to upload your card to the PCP gallery using the keyword sk022010 so it can be added to the album with the rest of the cards made using the sketch.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence-Better Get Better (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, airbrush (Copic); Barely Banana and Riding Hood Red cardstock, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (K & Company-Wild Raspberry line); button, twine (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Nestabilities); red felt flower (American Crafts); silver brad (Making Memories); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips