Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm Sorry

I'm in the running for the next design team rotation for the weekly Clean and Simple challenges on SCS. This clean and simple card is the next step in the selection process. The challenge was to make a card inspired by the slopes in the Winter Olympics sports. Well, given the "winter wonderland" surrounding me, I've got lots of inspiration. I went with a silly, snow themed card for my submission.

I used an Impression Obsession stamp set to create a disembodied snowman that's taken a tumble down a steep, slippery slope. The slope is made with some torn shimmery white cardstock. I stamped the snowball on a scrap of paper, shaded it a bit with a Copic marker, and cut it out. It's attached to my little scene with some foam tape. I stamped the hat, scarf, and carrot nose splayed out on the snow near the snowball.

I found the perfect matching sentiment in a Hero Arts sentiment set. "I'm sorry" just about sums things up, doesn't it? I accented the sentiment with a piece of red stitched grosgrain ribbon. Not only is this clean and simple, it was a quick one, too--less than 30 minutes from start to finish, including a few trial runs on scrap paper.

Materials Used:
Snowman Set stamp set (Impression Obsession); Everyday Sayings stamp set (Hero Arts); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); marker (Copic); Real Red and Only Orange Classic inks, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Kraft, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); ribbon (Creative Impressions); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Great card, Lori. I hope you get chosen for the team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If disembodiment doesn't win, I'll eat the snowman's hat! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Lori...very cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! hopefully we won't have to send one to very many American athletes! love the colors and ribbon. good luck.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips