Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Square Pair

I'm back to work this morning and have a full day ahead of me. Hopefully I'll make it through the day without spreading too many germs and without getting too tired. I know I'll be looking forward to coming home and relaxing tonight! I have a pair of square cards to share this morning featuring images from Our Craft Lounge.

I made this simple card for this week's sketch challenge from the OCL blog. I didn't have any large sentiment stamps to use for the focal image, so I improvised a bit and changed the sketch to a smaller square card so I could use a smaller sentiment.

I made my own patterned paper for the cardfront by putting the two small birds from the Swingin' By stamp set on my acrylic block and stamping them repeatedly in blue ink on the pale blue background. Quick and easy! I stitched the panel to a blue card base to dress it up a little.

The "happy bird-day!" sentiment is stamped in blue ink on a pale blue panel. I accented it with a fun white tulle flower at one corner and a section of a fancy sparkly flourish at the opposite one.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Swingin' By stamp set, Alexx Kesh white tulle flower, Zva Creative self-adhesive crystal flourish

other: Blue Bayou Classic ink, Blue Bayou and Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape; sewing machine


I made this card for this week's challenge from the i {heart} Copics group at Paper Craft Planet using a different OCL stamp set, Jungle Love. The challenge was a sketch and also incorporated some suggested colors--but I missed the color part when I first saw the challenge, so my card doesn't exactly match up. Oh, well . . .

I colored the cute monkey image with Copic markers, then sponged a soft blue sky soft around the image. I made a panel for behind the image from some patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Lil' Robots Collection Kit. The patterns in this new collection are perfect for those tough to design little boy cards! I added a polka dot embossed panel to the other edge of the kraft card base, then layered on the image panel. The sentiment is stamped in black ink and attached to the card on a pair of layered ovals.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Jungle Love stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (YG05, YG07, E31, E35, E39, E99, Y11, Y14, R83--I think--my list disappeared . . . ), My Mind's Eye Lil' Robots Collection Kit, QuicKutz Polka Dots embossing folder, Nestabilities circle and petite oval dies

other: So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, Close to Cocoa, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Both lovely cards Lori, the first one because of the elegance, the second one cos it's cheeky! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are amazing! I love what you are doing with our images! Thanks for playing along with our sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're BOTH adorable! Love the blingie blue, and your great coloring on that fun monkey! I agree w/ Cami! You ARE amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I LOVE your background paper! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips