Sunday, March 7, 2010

Superstar

Today's featured stamper on SCS is my stamping friend Vera. I know Vera from Maryland shoebox swaps, SU! events, and the Great Swaps Girls group. I always look forward to seeing what Vera's created for swaps--her projects are always amazing! I'm lucky to have a few Vera originals in my hands to admire up close.

I based my card for today's challenge on this Valentine creation of Vera's. I changed the heart shape to a star on my version and changed up the colors, too. I went with a blue and gray color scheme for a masculine look. The star shape was cut out with a Nestabilities star die. The open shape was filled in with some blue and silver ribbon scraps from my scrap collection. The ribbon scraps are attached to a piece of white cardstock that's attached behind the opening. I tied a longer piece of gray taffeta ribbon around the cardfront.

I used the end of SU!'s round tab punch for the sentiment. I stamped "superstar" from Verve's Great Expectations stamp set in gray ink on the end of the tab, splitting up "super" and "star" so I could get everything to fit.

Materials Used:
Great Expectations stamp set (Verve Stamps); Basic Gray Classic ink, Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, and Basic Gray cardstock, Not Quite Navy Patterns designer series paper, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, round tab punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); Enchanted Evening grosgrain ribbon, Spring Rain twill (Papertrey Ink); star die (Nestabilities); gray striped ribbon (American Crafts); blue grosgrain ribbon (Morex)

3 comments:

  1. this is a nice card-great case-I like the dsp you used on this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple design but extremely effective. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for making my day as Featured Stamper extra special with your CASE, Lori! I've missed you at our recent shoebox swaps. Hope to catch up with you soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips