Sunday, April 4, 2010

Polished Peace

It was a quiet afternoon here and while Chloe the cutie puppy slept to recover from our big morning walk (and from the excitement of my dropping a container of pizza sauce, causing it to splatter all over the kitchen floor, in my hair, and in my eyes . . .), I pulled together this card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this pretty card.

I used the same stamps, Many Wishes from Gina K Designs, for my card. Instead of sponging a backdrops for the delicate dandelions, I made an earthy green polished stone background panel. I used a combination of three shades of green reinkers along with Ranger's silver metallic mixative. Two dandelions and the sentiment are stamped on the panel in brown ink.

My image panel is a bit larger than in the original card. Because of that, I reduced the number of layers underneath the panel and used a narrower strip of ribbon around the bottom of the card. I have another polished stone panel I made at the same time, still waiting to be used, so you'll probably see something else along the same lines pretty soon.

Materials Used:
Many Wishes stamp set (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Certainly Celery, Kiwi Kiss, and Old Olive reinkers, Old Olive, Basic Black, Kraft, and Glossy White cardstock, Old Olive twill ribbon (Stampin' Up!); silver Metallic Mixative (Ranger)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips