Monday, May 3, 2010

Blue Thinking of You

Here’s a clean and simple card featuring the floral silhouette image from the Kind Deeds set from Clear & Simple Stamps. Kind Deeds is this month's Stamp of the Month, so don't forget to use the discount code CSS0510 for a $1 discount on your purchase of the set during this month. I love the gradient color look that I created on this one. It really highlights the pretty silhouette style image.

I started with three same size strips of blue cardstock. So that the image would line up perfectly on all three panels, I attached them to a smaller piece of lightweight cardstock to hold them in place while I stamped. The image is stamped in CSS’s Perfect Black Dress ink. I layered the image on a gray panel to set it off a bit.

The card base is a plain white. I knotted a piece of coordinating grosgrain ribbon around it, then attached the image panel. The set’s “thinking of you” sentiment is stamped along the side of the image panel. This card would be easy to reproduce in a set using a bunch of different color groupings, like oranges, pinks, and greens.

Materials Used:
Kind Deeds stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Basic Gray, Bermuda Bay and Taken with Teal cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is just gorgeous, Lori! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the image panel here. Great idea! I've never seen that done and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love those blues and the panels! I thought it was a paint chip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the color strips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, stunning colors! Esp. loved the layout, had it saved for casing later and just did this morning on SCS and my blog! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, stunning colors! Esp. loved the layout, had it saved for casing later and just did this morning on SCS and my blog! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips