Sunday, May 2, 2010

Just Dandy

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this card. I really liked its soft color combination.

I replaced the leafy images on the original card with the dandelion images from the Just Dandy set from Practicing Creativity. The images are stamped at varying heights on a Lavendar Moon panel. I changed the colors up a bit from the inspiration card, stamping on a colored panel instead of a white one and stamping all the images with full-strength ink instead of stamping off for some. I added tiny sparkly dots at the end of each dandelion fluff using a Stardust pen. It's really subtle, but so pretty IRL!

I embossed a gray strip with a dotted embossing folder and attached that underneath the stamped panel. The "just dandy" sentiment is stamped in Plum Pudding ink on a Lavendar Moon panel. I tied a piece of silvery gray satin ribbon around the card, just where the stamped and embossed panels meet, for an elegant touch.

Materials Used:
Just Dandy stamp set (Practicing Creativity Designs); Plum Pudding and Smokey Shadow inks, Plum Pudding and Lavendar Moon cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); silver satin ribbon (Target); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

2 comments:

  1. This is soo cute!! I just got this set in the mail this past week! I like how you used purples instead of white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colors! I really like this set too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips