Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wow, Wyatt--You're Super!

I don't have too many "boy" stamps in my collection, so I couldn't resist ordering the cute new Wyatt Says Wow stamp set from My Favorite Things recently. I used the Wyatt image for this week's Wednesday Stamp Club challenge to make a card with earth toned colors, textures, or materials.

I started by stamping Wyatt on a piece of white paper and coloring the image with Copic markers in shades of browns and greens. To make a simple scene, I added some strips of felt grass, cut with MFT's Die-Namics die, to a piece of cloud patterned paper. The Wyatt image is stamped on the patterned paper and the colored image is layered over the outline and held in place with foam tape. A felt sun with a button center completes the scene.

I stamped the set's "you're super" sentiment on the edge of a Nestabilities Labels 9 die piece and slipped the piece underneath the right side of the patterned paper. The scene is set on a kraft card base with a piece of brown cardstock, texturized with a paper crimper, along the bottom.

Materials Used:
Wyatt Says Wow stamp set, cloud and grass Die-Namics (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Kraft and Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Simply Chartreuse felt, Orange Zest button, twine (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (October Afternoon); Labels 9 die (Nestabilities); crimper (Fiskars); yellow felt; foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips