Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bright, Sunshiney Day

This week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge was called “floral fantasy.” I altered one of the Pure Innocence cuties to create this sweet, flowery card to fit the theme.

I started with the My Balloon set. I inked the image, omitting the balloon portion of the image as well as the part of the balloon’s string that extended below the little girl’s hand. In my mind, I envisioned the little girl holding a big flower. To do this, I used MFT’s rolled flower die and made a pretty gold rolled flower with a pearl center. I attached the flower to the image panel where the balloon would have been—worked perfectly! I used a combination of Copic markers and paper piecing to add color to the rest of the image.

I used three strips of My Mind’s Eye’s Bloom and Grow designer paper to make the panels along the bottom of the card. I added a ribbon strip across the top of the patterned paper panels, then layered on the image. The sentiment is stamped in orange ink on a gold decorative edged panel and slipped under the image panel.

I worked on my entry for MFT's September guest designer challenge yesterday and I should have it ready to share tomorrow morning, so be sure to check back to see it . . .

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence My Balloon and Sunshiney Day stamp sets, rolled flower die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Fresh Mango and Fresh Corn cardstock (Gina K Designs); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink (Stampin’ Up!); Bloom and Grow designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Labels 9 die (Spellbinders); white pearl (Queen & Co.)

2 comments:

  1. OMG........love how you used the flower as a balloon!! I will have to remember to try this!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips