Sunday, October 3, 2010

Beware

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this very clean and simple Halloween card here.

I used images from the new Beware stamp set from Clear and Simple Stamps. The skull and crossbones image is stamped in black ink on a trio of different color panels pulled from my scrap collection and cut to a matching size. The panels are layered on a black strip, then attached to the white card base with foam tape. I added tiny clear crystals to each skull for eyes.

Instead of stamping the sentiment beneath the image panel, I made a tiny tab from a scrap of black paper and attached the "beware" sentiment, stamped on a scrap of white, to the bottom of the tab.

Materials Used:
Beware stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink (Clear and Simple Stamps); Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); olive grosgrain ribbon (Morex); clear crystals (Taylored Expressions); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Going to have to favorite this one, I love how clean & simple it is and it would make a great holiday cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love the color blocking and especially the crystal eyes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips