Monday, November 29, 2010

Rustic Wreath

This is my last week as a DT member for the SCS clean and simple challenge. I've had a great time sharing inspiration for the SCS community for the past three months. Even though my DT term is up, I know I'll continue to participate in the challenges every week since clean and simple is the stamping style that comes most naturally to me.

This week's challenge is a ways to use it challenge--using flower embellishments. I'm not that wild about my card and the other one I made with a flower is going to be submitted for a publication call and can't be shared yet, so I'm going with this one. I tried for a rustic look here, which is a little outside my comfort zone.

I started with the twig wreath image from Papertrey Ink's Wreath for All Seasons set. It's stamped in Dark Chocolate ink on a white flecked panel. I inked around the panel with some Tea Dye distress ink for a weathered look.

The stamped panel is layered on a gold panel. I stitched around the edges with my sewing machine to add some interest. A piece of matching gold grosgrain ribbon is wrapped around the panel and secured with a twine bow. The sentiment is stamped in brown ink directly on the ribbon. I used foam tape to layer the image panel on a dark brown panel and set the panel on a kraft card base. I attached a small gold Prima flower to the wreath as a simple accent. A button at the center dresses the flower up just a bit.

Materials Used:
Wreath for All Seasons and Falling Leaves stamp sets, Dark Chocolate ink, Dark Chocolate, Harvest Gold, and Kraft cardstock, Harvest Gold grosgrain ribbon, Dark Chocolate button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Confetti White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); flower (Prima); sewing machine; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Very simple and clean, yet adorable....like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I love how your card turned out, it's beautifully rustic and I love the placement of the flower on the wreath as well as the colors you chose. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips