Thursday, November 4, 2010

Stop by for a Spell

Here’s my card for this week’s The Cat’s Pajamas Tuesday challenge to make a card featuring one of TCP’s female images. The only TCP girl image in my collection (other than the sets from the upcoming new release that I’ll have the pleasure of joining the Cat Pack for!) is this cute little witch image, so I went for a super girlie pink card with her. I used Mercy’s latest sketch challenge, adjusted justa little for a standard A2 card, for my design.

I colored the little witch’s gown in shades of pink and her cat in grays to match the pink and gray color scheme of my patterned papers. I cut out the colored image and used foam tape to add it to a very simple and not too spooky night time scene made from a dark gray panel with some torn edged strips of lighter gray papers along the bottom for the ground.

I used three different patterned papers on the cardfront, all from the same Making Memories paper pad. I went with the boldest pattern on the cardfront and used smaller, simpler patterns for the panels. For an additional girlie touch, I added a punched scalloped border along the edge of one of the panels.

One of the set’s sentiments is stamped in black ink on a pink ribbon flag and set along the bottom of the card. I added a pink button, tied with some pink baker’s twine, to the end of the ribbon for a decorative touch.

Materials Used:
Witchy stamp set, pink Divine Twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pretty in Pink, Going Gray, and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Sabrina designer paper (Making Memories); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); button (Papertrey Ink); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Super cute Lori!! Great little detail with the flowing ribbon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the image....cause I love cats. Great how you have your sentiment on your ribbon! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips