Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Color Throwdown #123


I am thrilled to be this month’s guestie at the Color Throwdown challenge blog! The CTD ladies bring us such inspiring colors and projects each week and I'm so excited to join them for a while. Tammy is our hostess this week and the colors she chose—Cameo Coral, Baja Breeze, and Always Artichoke--threw me for a loop at first, but in the end, I’m pleased with the card I came up with.

Here’s my take on this trio. I went heavy on the Baja Breeze and Cameo Coral, using just a touch of the Always Artichoke for a few small details. I used images from Papertrey Ink’s new Little Bitty Bird set for a cheery card. The bird and branch are stamped on a Baja Breeze panel. I die cut the bird from a Cameo Coral scrap and stamped the bird outline on the die cut. To add some interest and dimension, I stamped the bird a second time and cut out the wing, then attached it to the bird with a little foam tape. A tiny clear crystal is used for the bird’s eye. I colored the leaves on the branch with a green marker and stamped the “hello friend” sentiment under the branch in Always Artichoke ink. To fill in the panel’s white space a little, I machine stitched on some white felt die cut clouds.

I dug through my stash of SU! designer papers and found one from the Pink Flamingo pack that had Cameo Coral in it. I used the floral patterned paper for the strip across the cardfront. I attached it to a Baja Breeze panel embossed with dots to set it apart a little from the panel behind the bird. I knotted some white seam binding tape around the panel, then set everything on a white card base.
Be sure to stop by the Color Throwdown blog to see what the team has created with this color combo. And, be sure to link up your own creation, too.

Materials Used:
Little Bitty Bird stamp set, Dark Chocolate ink, bird and cloud dies (Papertrey Ink); Baja Breeze and Cameo Coral cardstock, Pink Flamingo designer series paper (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); marker (Copic); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); clear crystal (Imaginisce); white felt; sewing machine

9 comments:

  1. Lori, you used these colors just perfectly! I adore that little bird and your fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I love your card and I'm so excited to have you with us for this month! YAY! Beautiful design and use of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have you playing with us this month, Lori! This is so sweet--love the papers and those little clouds---I am in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too stinkin' cute, Lori! I LOVE those stitched clouds, and the zig-zag stitches at the bottom! Fabulous use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stitching on the clouds! This is an adorable card! Nice to have you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of these colors and I especially love those stitched clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! I love how you paper pieced the bird and how you sewed the clouds!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's just great to have you with us this month, Lori! Love your card--you worked the colors perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute little bird. I like the stitched, felt clouds.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips