Tuesday, January 18, 2011

IHP DT Challenge: Sweet Inspiration

It's time for January's i {heart} papers design team challenge! This month, our challenge leader, Deb, challenged us to create a project inspired by this photo taken in a gorgeous European candy boutique in Ottawa. Look at the fabulous sweet treats on display here--yum!



Here's what I came up with based on the photo. I used one of IHP's clear plastic treat tubes as my starting point. I filled the tube with brightly colored gumballs and created a simple box to hold the tube. The box is made from red cardstock and held together with redline tape. (Edited to add) You can find the template in PDF form here. I covered the panels with pieces of paper from October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker pad--don't those dots look like gumballs??

I made a little tag to attach to the box using the new Mint Motif Sweet Hearts set. The gumball machine image is stamped on a Labels 4 die cut and colored with Copic markers. I used a 1/4" circle punch to make a bunch of brightly colored "gumballs" to put inside the machine, then added an acetate overlay on top of them for a glassy look. I layered the tag on a larger red mat, then used a piece of red baker's twine to thread it through a red faux suede bow tied at the top of the box.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the IHP DT has created based on the inspiration photo. Here's where to find them:

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: clear treat tube, October Afternoon Modern Homemaker paper pad, i {stick} papers redline tape, Mint Motif Sweet Hearts stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (R12, R22, R24, R27, C-1, C-3, C-5, B000, B0000), Spellbinders Labels 4 and oval dies, Divine Twine Cherry Red baker's twine, May Arts red faux suede ribbon

other: Real Red cardstock, 1/4" circle punch (Stampin' Up!); acetate

10 comments:

  1. Just adorable, and the tag is the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling, Lori! Your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just adorable! I love gumballs and what a cute way to present them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! The coloring is great and that paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use the plastic tube!!! I love how you used Kimberly's new set ~ super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet, Lori! I love what you did for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super de duper cute! I love that little gumball machine--I've got to use it! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!! I love how you used the little punchies for gumballs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh Lori - this is wonderful. I don't know how you managed to get those gumballs to look like they were floating in the tube. Your project turned out spectacularly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute Lori! I'm really loving that gumball machine and the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips