Monday, January 3, 2011

Let's Celebrate

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge to make a card with a party theme. Well, not much says "party" more than a glass full of bubbly, so I used that as the starting point for my sparkly card.

I used a glass image from the Who's That Girl-Girls Night Out set for the focal image. The glass was colored with Copic markers. To get the bubbly look, I coated the glass with some Glossy Accents, then sprinkled on a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds.

The glass is set on a panel of dotted paper from Crate Paper's Restoration line. I used MFT's open scallop border die to make a decorative edge for the right side of the panel. For a little more sparkle, I ran a narrow strip of ScorTape down the edge of the die cut panel, just against the patterned paper, then sprinkled on more Dazzling Diamonds. I anchored the glass image with a trio of buttons on one side of the panel and a notch-edged ribbon strip stamped with the "Let's Celebrate" sentiment from the Cheers a la mode set.

Materials Used:
Who's That Girl Girls Night Out and a la mode Cheers stamp set, open scallop border Die-Namics die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold cardstock, Harvest Gold buttons, Harvest Gold grosgrain ribbon, twine (Papertrey Ink); Not Quite Navy cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); Restoration collection designer paper (Crate Paper); Glossy Accents (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips