Friday, February 25, 2011

Blogger Challenge: Week 192

This week’s blogger challenge is a sketch. At first, I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted to do with it, but once I got an idea in mind, the card came together pretty quickly.

I used the a la modes Cheers set from My Favorite Things for the card. I started by stamping and coloring the girl image. Her dress is sparkly, courtesy of a little shimmer spray, and the champagne is, too. I covered the glass with a thin layer of Glossy Accents, then dusted on a bit of glitter to get its sparkly look. She’s set on a piece of paper doily for a super feminine look

I continued with the sparkly theme on the cardfront. I used a piece of glittery designer paper from a KaiserCraft pad to cover most of the Melon Mambo cardfront. I ran a piece of coordinating pink grosgrain ribbon across it and added a matching bow made with my Bow Easy. The set’s “here’s to you” sentiment is stamped on a banner die cut.

For more ideas using this sketch, check out the links below. And, if you join in the challenge, feel free to add your link to the list.


Materials Used:
a la modes Cheers stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Sparkle shimmer spritz (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Melon Mambo cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Candy Lane paper pad (KaiserCraft); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Glossy Accents (Ranger); doily (Wilton); Bow Easy; foam tape

14 comments:

  1. Lori, This is such a fantastic card. Totally feminine! Love the use of the doily and the image is so cute. I can see the sparkle on the glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that! Love the doily behind your fun girly image! Fab pattern paper, wonderful accent to your champagne glass with the glossy accents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Love how you used the doily behind her with that dp make it such an elegant and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea with the doily! Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girl and her champagne look fabulous against the doily panel. Love the cheery background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and charming. Love the image you used and the lace doily is a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That doily is the perfect background for that image! awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Lori! Love the lace doily! Your bow turned out beautifully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the glittery sparkly- thanks for the 411 on how you did that- and the DSP is really pretty. I love the doily too- nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just adorable, luv the colors, it's such a "happy" card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll drink to your great card--Love the sparkly look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card and all those extra details. Great use of the doilie -- fabulous sparkly image in the drink and the gal holding the glass rocks! This is absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a might big drink for such a dainty lady ;0)! LOVE the BG paper, doily, bow...all just super cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips