Tuesday, February 8, 2011

CSS Spring Ensemble Group Challenge


For this month’s Clear and Simple Stamps group project challenge, design team members created gift ensembles for a variety of occasions using this month’s Stamp of the Month, Spring.

My project is a simple get well ensemble. I’ve had this raindrop patterned paper in my stash for a while now and I thought it would be just perfect paired with the set’s umbrella image. I used a large panel of the patterned paper on my card. It’s hard to see in the photo, but I stamped the set’s raindrop border bar image in white ink repeatedly to cover the solid Trendsetter Blue strip that’s at the bottom of the patterned paper panel. I liked the contrast between the patterned paper’s large drops and the stamp set’s smaller ones. To divide the pattern and solid, I used strips of two shades of blue cardstock. The sentiment is stamped on one strip. The second strip has a scalloped edge to add interest. I stamped one of the set’s umbrella images on a white circle and paper pieced the umbrella using a scrap of CSS’s Party Teal Dawn cardstock. I set the image panel on the card, then added a matching button, tied with some baker’s twine to the opposite end of the card.

To go along with card, I made a little box to hold a purse-sized package of tissues. The box was made with just a few cuts and scores and is held together with ScorTape. I used another piece of the raindrop patterned paper on the box top. A piece of blue satin ribbon runs across the box. It’s dressed up with a button to tie it in with the card.
Be sure to visit the rest of the CSS DT to see their project ensembles. I know you’ll be impressed with what they’ve created. Here’s where to find them:
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dana Grothaus
Kim Howard
Ryann Salamon
Tracy Schultz
Viola Mahr
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
Spring stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress and A Blanc Check inks, Trendsetter Blue, Party Teal Dawn, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Simply Blue-tiful satin ribbon, Trendsetter Blue buttons (Clear and Simple Stamps); scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); circle punches (EK Success); baker’s twine (Timeless Twine)

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love that raindrop paper with this set, how perfect and the cute little kleenex box :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That patterned paper looks fabulous with this set. Great ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blue! and I love your genius box... so perfect for gifts... thanks for the wonderful inspiration Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable ensemble! I love that you decorated a tissue box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! It could be so cute for weddings, too, like little boxes to leave by the seats for people in case they're so moved by the ceremony. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Lori! I love the box for tissues, what a great idea. Especially for those of us that can ALWAYS use more. LOL

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips