Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Hundred Hearts

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch and this week's Crazy 4 Challenges challenge to use hearts. I got this lovely sentiment set from a stamping buddy and wanted to make sure I used it before Valentine's Day passed.

I stamped the hundred hearts sentiment from the Clearly Sentimental about Love set in red on a cream die cut. The die cut's edges are inked with some distress ink to add an aged, softer look. A trio of heart brads serve as an accent under the sentiment. They were originally a pale pinkish color, so I colored them with a red-orange Copic marker to better coordinate with my card's color scheme.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I used two coordinating papers from the My Mind's Eye Be Loved Collection Kit for the cardfront. A pair of layered felt hearts, accented with a button and ribbon tab combo, sits at the top of the paisley panel. A strip of grosgrain ribbon runs across the card and the stamped sentiment panel is set over the top edge of this strip to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Clearly Sentimental about Love stamp set, Framed Greetings and Hearts a Plenty Die-Namics (My Favorite Things); Melon Berry cardstock, Fine Linen grosgrain ribbon, Fine Linen and Pure Poppy felt, Fine Linen button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Poppy Parade and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Be Loved Collection Kit (My Mind's Eye); brads (Making Memories); marker (Copic); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Oh this turned out so pretty! I love your paper combo! So so nice! Great job with the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips