Saturday, March 26, 2011

Orange and Olive Get Well Wishes

Here's my card for this week's Color Throwdown challenge to use Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Marina Mist. My box of Papertrey Ink goodies (finally!) arrived, so I pulled out one of my new sets to use with the challenge colors.

I love the fun, bold flower image from the Sending You set. Here, I paired two different sized flowers with the big, leafy branch from Turning a New Leaf. After stamping the solid image and letting the ink dry, I stamped a smaller solid flower over the image using Versamark, then covered it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat embossed it for a little shimmer. Unfortunately, my camera did a lousy job of picking up the pretty sparkle . . .

I added a solid green cardstock circle to the center of each flower, then added an orange button tied with olive baker's twine. The image panel is matted on an orange panel. I set it on a blue card base with a strip of dotted olive papter along the bottom. The get well sentiment is stamped on an orange strip and "attached" with some faux stitching along the edge.

Materials Used:
Sending You and Turning a New Leaf stamp sets, Orange Zest, Ripe Avocado, and Dark Chocolate inks, Orange Zest, Ripe Avocado, Blueberry Sky, and White cardstock, Distressed Dots patterned paper, Orange Zest buttons (Papertrey Ink); Iridescent Ice embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); olive baker's twine (Timeless Twine)

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Lori! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips