Saturday, March 26, 2011

Such a Smartie

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch. I used the adorable Emma and Her Backpack stamp set and lots of polka dots on this one.

Emma is colored with Copic markers. Her backpack is both colored and paper pieced using a scrap of one of the patterned papers I used on the cardfront. I added a blue crystal to the center of the flower in her hair for just a little sparkle and shine.

I used one of my favorite color schemes for the card—red, aqua, and kraft. I had the perfect patterned papers from an October Afternoon paper pad already on my desk, so I ran with it. I added a strip of red grosgrain ribbon across the card and a dot embossed aqua panel for a little texture.

The “you’re such a smartie” sentiment is stamped on a kraft scrap and slipped under the image panel. I say the same thing to Chloe the cutie puppy all the time when she does something super smart or learns a new “trick” quickly. I wasn’t saying that yesterday when the air conditioning repair service was here yesterday to fix a wire that she’d chewed up on the AC unit. Sigh . . .

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Emma and Her Backpack stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Report Card paper pad (October Afternoon); red grosgrain ribbon, felt flower (Michaels); blue crystal (Imaginisce); silver gel pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips