Tuesday, March 22, 2011

True Diva

Here’s another project featuring Just My Style, this month’s Stamp of the Month from Clear and Simple Stamps. I paired one of the set’s sentiments with an image from the Glam Girl set to make a super girly photo frame.

I started with a plain wood frame from the craft store. The frame is painted with pink acrylic paint. After it dried, I added some striped paper from Echo Park’s Be Mine line along the bottom half of the frame. I took the easy way out here and used ScorTape to adhere the paper to the frame instead of ModPodge, which would have provided a more permanent finish.

To hide the seam between the paper and the wood frame and help keep the paper’s edges well adhered, I ran a strip of CSS’s Paint the Town Pink along the top of the paper. I dressed it up with a pretty button-embellished bow. I made one more embellishment cluster for the frame using a circle of pink cardstock. I stamped the crown image from the Glam Girl set on a piece of shimmery pink paper and cut it out, then added small clear crystals to the top of the crown. It’s attached it to the circle with foam tape. The “true diva” sentiment from the Just My Style set is stamped on a notch edged strip and slipped underneath the crown. I added a trio of large clear crystals underneath the sentiment as an accent. Once everything was complete, I added a photo of Jaci, the daughter of one of my co-workers. Isn’t she the perfect diva?

Be sure to stop by the CSS iPhone/iTouch app for more inspiration. Here’s a sneak peek at my project that’s featured on the app today. You can find all the info about downloading the app here.

Materials Used:
Just My Style and Glam Girl stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, I’m a Princess Pink cardstock, Paint the Town Pink satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); Be Mine Collection Kit (Echo Park); circle die (Spellbinders); small clear crystals (Imaginisce); large clear crystals (Studio 18); ScorTape; pink acrylic paint; wood frame; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips