Saturday, May 28, 2011

Roll With It

I'll start off with a warning--this is a bright one! I made this card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. The sketch was definitely a challenge and I thought on it for a long time (much longer than usual!) before coming up with this card using the Pure Innocence Roll with It set.

The roller skating girlie is colored with Copic markers and cut out. I used colors that coordinated with the ones in the KaiserCraft Candy Lane papers I picked to use for the cardfront. I went with a fun floral for the panel that covers most of the cardfront and a subtly dotted dark pink for the pair of circles along the bottom of the card. A strip of orange runs across the circles, breaking the color up a bit. I layered a piece of pink grosgrain ribbon across the solid panel and edged it with a green double scallop border die cut, keeping with the circle-y theme.

After I had all the pieces in place, I embossed a pale pink panel with a polka dot pattern to make a backdrop for my skater. She's attached with foam tape and the coordinating "roll with it" sentiment is next to her on an orange panel. I probably won't use this sketch again (unlike last week's, which I'm pretty sure I will), but I'm glad I was able to figure out a way to work with it--and use a cute, new image, too.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Roll with It stamp set, Die-Namics double scallop border die (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); markers (Copic); Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Candy Lane designer papers (KaiserCraft); circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I love the color combination! Great card. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips