Friday, June 10, 2011

Blogger Challenge: Week 207

This week’s blogger challenge is a sketch. I went with a fun wedding themed image from the Our Craft Lounge Bird & Groom set for my take on the sketch.

I used the set's dressed up limo image from as my focal image. For a little change—and extra sparkle—I stamped the image on shimmery white cardstock instead of regular cardstock. I colored it with Copic markers, then layered it on a shimmery silver scallop edged circle panel, adding even more sparkle and shimmer.

I used a pretty pink patterned paper from one of the Stella & Rose collections to cover most of the cardfront. After adding coordinating solid pink and gray cardstock strips to the panel, I attached the colored image on top. A strip of pretty rose trim runs along the top of the gray panel, softening the seam between the pattern and solid. The set’s “congratulations” sentiment is stamped along the bottom of the card.


For more ideas based on this sketch, check out the links below. If you join in the challenge, feel free to add your link to the list.




Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:
Our Craft Lounge Bird & Groom stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (RV00, R81, R83, R85, B000, C00, C-1, C-3, C-5), Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies, My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose-Hazel 6 x 6 paper pad, Maya Road cream organza rose trim


other: Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, Brushed Silver, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

9 comments:

  1. Great card, this image is adorable for upcoming nuptials for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet image. Love the background colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm off to a wedding this afternoon! I LOVE the rose lace and the colors that you used..such wonderful shading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute wedding card! Wonderful colors, love the rose lace trim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, cute, cute--love the little roses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific image, Lori. Beautiful and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card. The image is really cute and I just love the row of ribbon roses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just darling Lori! The rose lace trim is beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips