Friday, June 17, 2011

Blogger Challenge: Week 208

This week’s blogger challenge is to create a project with a masculine theme. I couldn’t resist trying out this fabulous wrapped candy bar that’s this week’s Paper Craft Planet 3d Tuesday challenge, courtesy of my very creative friend Adela.


After stopping at the store to buy a chocolate bar, I got to work. For the “jacket,” I used a piece of brown paper with a subtle grid pattern. It’s cut and wrapped around the candy bar following Adela’s directions.


Since the patterned paper had a different and decidedly more feminine pattern on the reverse side, I cut and attached some strips of the grid paper to the back of the paper where it would fold back for the jacket’s lapels. That way, I had a continuous pattern rather than something that didn’t match. The jacket is secured with a coordinating brown button



To dress up the insert, I stamped the solid tie from the A Guy Thing stamp set from Clear and Simple Stamps in brown ink, then stamped the matching outline image over it in black and cut out the image. I attached the tie to the insert, slipping the knot between the shirt collar pieces. The set’s “Happy Father’s Day” sentiment is stamped at the bottom of the panel.


It's absolutely adorable in person and was a huge hit when I brought it in to my office yesterday to show off. If I tried this again, I'd make sure that I picked a slightly wider and flat, foil-wrapped candy bar instead of the more narrow one in packaging with crimped ends. I think it would make measuring and wrapping easier and work better proportionately.



For more masculine project ideas, check out the links below. If you join in the challenge, feel free to add your link to the list.



Materials Used:
A Guy Thing stamp set, Dish All the Dirt Brown and Perfect Little Black Dress inks, A Blanc Check and Perfect Little
Black Dress cardstock, Brown Leather Satchel button (Clear and Simple Stamps); Hey Birdie-Scamper designer paper (KaiserCraft); corner rounder

10 comments:

  1. Great masculine projects (I almost used that one too). Love your choice of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute. Such a clever card design. You did a great job modifying this for a man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool masculine project. The papers you used worked fabulously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun (and yummy)project. Your papers worked well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is too cute, love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card! I love it...excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How completly and totally clever and cute! Love it! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips