Friday, June 10, 2011

Friends with Flair: Cupcake Love

Here’s my card with for this week’s Friends with Flair. I used this month’s Unity Kit of the Month challenge sketch, but realized after finishing the card that this cupcake image (also available as an Itty Bitty) comes from one of the Store KOTM’s, so I don’t know if that really counts . . . Anyway, with its food theme, it also counts for the current All Things Unity "from the hearth" challenge, so let’s just go with that—LOL!

I stamped the cupcake image on a Labels 1 die cut panel and colored the image with Copic markers. It’s layered on a brown Labels 1 mat to match the chocolate-y colored cupcake.

I used a chevron patterned paper to cover most of the cardfront. Since the chevron pattern’s kind of busy, I used a solid red strip, edged with kraft, for the diagonal piece that runs across the card. To add some texture, I stretched a piece of red faux suede ribbon along the diagonal piece. After setting the image panel over that, I used a dimensional dot to add the matching sentiment, stamped on a circle. I used my stamp positioner to get the sentiment arranged to fit the circle. The sentiment’s little heart is colored with red Spica pen for some sparkle and a little bit of knotted red ribbon sits at the top.

Be sure to check out the Unity blog for the full list of Friends with Flair players.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. I'll Always Love You Itty Bitty, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (E25, E31, E34, R12, R22, R24, W00, W-1, W-3) and Lipstick Spica pen, Spellbinders large and small Labels 1 dies, My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose-Gertie 6 x 6 paper pad, May Arts red faux suede ribbon, Zva Creative dimensional dot

other: Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); circle punches (EK Success)

13 comments:

  1. VERY cute!!! LOVE the chocolate frosting!!! YUM!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Love the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the papers you used, Lori! And the image is sooo sweet!!! Perfect card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I could color with my Copics like you do!!! Great take on the sketch too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, this is such a sweet card!! The cupcake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so sharp! Love the color combo and the coloring. Glad I'm not the only one who used "other" stamps on my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips