Thursday, June 30, 2011

One for the Girls and One for the Guys

Just under the wire once again this month, here are my cards for the final two June Viva la Verve sketches. I went feminine on one and masculine on the other.

Here’s week 3’s feminine card using the shoe from Verve’s Express Yourself as the focal image. I had the two coordinating patterned paper scraps on my table and decided to use them as the starting point for my card.

After arranging the scraps on a dark pink panel, I stamped the shoe on a scrap of pink in a dark brown ink and cut it out. I used foam tape to attach the shoe to a cream panel stamped with the “you’ve got style” sentiment. To soften the brightness of the cream panel against the rest of the card I used some distress inks along the panel’s edges. After securing a looped pink satin ribbon to the back of the panel, I set it on the card. I attached a button at the top of the panel to bring in one more dotty element to the design.

Materials Used:
Express Yourself stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Melon Mambo Classic ink, Melon Mambo, Gable Green, Dark Chocolate, and Very Vanilla cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Vicki B 6x6 paper pad (BoBunny); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); pink satin ribbon (Michaels); pink button (Clear and Simple Stamps); linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas); foam tape


This is week 4’s masculine birthday card. I used the “big wish” sentiment from the Big Wish set as my focal image, adding a big felt star to match it. The words are stamped in dark blue ink on kraft—love the look of the colored ink against the kraft! The panel is set on a matching blue mat and accented on the sides with red strips with decorative edges.

I set the piece on a dot embossed kraft panel. The panel’s bottom is covered with a fun rustic-looking plaid pattern. A strip of twill runs across the plaid piece, accented with a red button for a pop of color. The panel is set on a dark blue card base for a final masculine touch.

Materials Used:
Big Wish stamp set (Verve Stamps); Enchanted Evening ink, Seeing Stars die, Harvest Gold felt, twine (Papertrey Ink); Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Destinations-Flash Cards designer paper (Simple Stories); Labels 1 die (Spellbinders); twill (Wrights); button (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips