Monday, June 13, 2011

Peace & Love

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. This week's challenge was a sketch with a 3x3 grid of panels and an embellishment set over the panels.

I used up some leftovers from my holiday card from last winter on my card. I had a few extra die cut felt doves, silver panels embossed with snowflakes, and already folded blue card bases and I turned one of them into this card. I trimmed down the embossed silver panel to a 3 inch square, then cut that to 9 one inch squares. The squares are set on a dark blue square, being careful to arrange them to keep the embossed pattern aligned.

After setting the dark blue square on the blue cardfront, I added the white felt dove to the panel. It has a light blue crystal for an eye, tying it in with the cardfront's color. I stamped the "peace & love" sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Holiday Tree set underneath the grid to complete the card. From start to finish, less than 15 minutes! If it didn't include all of the same elements as last year's holiday card design, I just might consider using it this year--LOL!

Materials Used:
Holiday Tree stamp set, Enchanted Evening ink, Peace Be Still die set (Papertrey Ink); blue cardstock (Bazzill); Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper, blue crystal (Recollections); Snowflakes embossing folder (QuicKutz); white felt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips