Sunday, June 12, 2011

Take it Easy

The title of this post pretty much sums up my plans for today. A little house cleaning, a little stamping, and a little time at the dog park are my big plans for Sunday. I started off the stamping with my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. My card is based on this nautical themed one. I loved the colorblocked stripes in the background and incorporated them into my version of the card using the Joyride set from The Cat's Pajamas.

I stamped the scooter riding bunny on white cardstock and colored it (him? her?) with Copic markers, then cut out the colored image. I used foam tape to set it on a blue panel with a gray "road" along the bottom.

I cut three cardstock strips for the colorblocked pieces on the cardfront. They're set on a white panel. A piece of orange grosgrain ribbon is wrapped around the panel and tied with some linen thread. After attaching the image panel over the panels and the ribbon, I added the "take it easy" sentiment stamped in orange on a word window punched piece. The panel is set on a Sahara Sand card base.

I'm off to the dog park with Chloe the cutie puppy so she can play with her friends. I can't believe I'm letting her get dirty so soon after spending a small fortune on her bath and haircut on Friday . . .

Materials Used:
Joyride stamp set, beige linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, and Basic Gray cardstock, word window punch (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips