Saturday, July 2, 2011

Are We There Yet?

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I went with a vacation theme since that’s what’s on my mind right now. Chloe the cutie puppy and I are having a little rest and relaxation at the beach, which is a nice change of pace from our regular work and doggy day care schedule (yes, Chloe now goes to “day care” several days a week—she’s as happy as can be to spend time with other active dogs). Fortunately for me, she's a fabulous car traveler. You hardly realize she's sitting in the backseat! And, she loves the beach, too. She actually went in the water today past the tips of her toes. Last summer, she was too scared to do that, but I guess she's grown out of that fear.

My little Pure Innocence cutie is colored with Copic markers and cut out. I paper pieced her little purse (or maybe it’s a carry-on bag) for a fun touch and added a little bit of Stickles to both the purse and the flower in her hair.

The image was colored to match the stripes in the plaid paper I used for the large paper panel that covers most of the cardfront. I used the reverse side of the paper for the strip that runs across the cardfront (and the purse!). The girl is attached to a turquoise panel with foam tape and layered on a lacey circle mat. Instead of a star-shaped accent, I used a felt sun with a button center. The set's "are we there yet?" sentiment, stamped on a banner strip, completes the sunny little scene.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Are We There Yet stamp set, DieNamics sun die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hip-Hooray "Boy" Charming designer paper (My Mind's Eye); circle and lacey circle dies (Spellbinders); Harvest Gold felt, Orange Zest button (Papertrey Ink); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Mermaid Glitz Stickles (Ranger); orange baker's twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable. Love the colors you chose and how you paper pieced her bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is such an adorable card. Love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips