Monday, July 4, 2011

Stripes and a Single Star

It’s time for my second challenge, one is one of three "ways to use it" challenges inspired by our national anthem, The Star Spangled Banner. My challenge is to use stripes on your project.

My stripes are just strips of red, white, and blue cardstock set along the right side of a kraft card base. To add interest, I varied the width of the strips and embossed two of the panels, one with stars and one with dots. To set the stripes off a bit from the rest of the cardfront, I used my paper piercing tool to make a line of holes along the edge of the white cardstock strip.

I combined two sentiments from the Icon Extras set from Clear and Simple Stamps to get the “you’re a star” sentiment on the red banner strip. I set the strip under a white star button, tied with a little red baker’s twine. I'm really happy with how this design turned out--I may just use it again, since it's great for using up some of my scraps!

Materials Used:
Icon Extras stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Kraft Like a Rockstar, True Blue Fan, Dare to Be a Diva Red, and A Blanc Check cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); Stars embossing folder (Cuttlebug); white star button (Blumenthal Lansing); baker’s twine (The Twinery)

2 comments:

  1. Lori this is a great card! I love the sentiment And the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a WOW factor card, love the texture and the paper piercing with the star button. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips