Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hip to Be Square

***Scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown.***

Here’s my card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. All of the back to school supply sales inspired me to pull out my schoolgirl-like Pure Innocence Book in Hand set from My Favorite Things for my card.

I colored the little schoolgirl with Copic markers and carefully cut her out. She’s set on an aqua panel that I layered on a mat with a fancy punched edge for contrast. The panel is attached to a card base covered with a striped patterned paper that coordinates with the schoolgirl’s clothes.

For the sentiment, I stamped the “it’s hip to be square” on a chalkstock circle in white ink and layered that onto the cardfront. To keep the space underneath the image and sentiment from looking empty and plain, I embossed it with a dotted pattern—love dots and stripes together!

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Book in Hand stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Real Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); 5 & Dime designer paper (October Afternoon); circle dies (Spellbinders); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); black chalkstock (Canvas Corp.); Polka Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips