Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bundle of Joy

The latest Lawnscaping challenge is to use text or text patterned paper on your project. I’ve been wondering how I could incorporate some of the text patterned “flashcard” pieces from the Simple Stories Baby Steps paper pad in my cards, so this challenge was perfect for getting me to come up with something!

I decided to cut two of the bingo card images from one of the 6x6 sheets and use those as panels on my card. Since the card headings are gender-neutral greens and yellows, I took my cue from that and used the same colors for my card. I layered each of the bingo cards on a kraft mat, then arranged them on a green dot embossed panel with machine stitched edges.

For the focal image, I used the sweet baby carriage image from Lawn Fawn’s Plus One set. The image is paper pieced using a scrap of paper from the same Simple Stories pad. I used some dimensional dots to add it to the panel. After layering it on a yellow scalloped circle and setting it on the cardfront, I stamped the "bundle of joy" sentiment on a kraft strip and slipped the edge underneath the image panel. A little green twill ribbon adds a final, soft touch at the top of the image panel.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn Plus One stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (C-1, C-3, C-5), Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Bamboo Leaves inks, Simple Stories Baby Steps 6x6 paper pad, Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies, QuicKutz Polka Dots embossing folder, May Arts celery green twill striped ribbon, Sticky Thumb dimensionals

other: Barely Banana, Pear Pizzazz, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lori...look at this adorable baby card. I just adore those baby bingo cards...how clever and trendy. Great job with your stitching and the stripped ribbon looks fantastic. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I've never seen those bingo paper before. Cute! Loving the embossed background and the paper pieced stroller.... Super cute card and color scheme. Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these papers, my new favorites and love what you did with the bingo cards on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just fabulous! Love the layout and the colors. Your paper-piecing is awesome

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips