Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Little One

***Scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown.***

Here’s my card for this week’s SCS sketch challenge. I have to admit that when I first saw the sketch, I saw the three square elements as snowflakes, but I decided to think a little longer and it wasn't too long before this idea came to me. It came together quickly using Papertrey Ink’s Sweet Baby set and the coordinating set of dies.

I die cut the giraffe from white paper, then stamped the matching image in Spring Moss ink. To dress it up a bit, I filled in the tiny heart on the giraffe's side with a little glitter and tied a kraft baker's twine bow around its neck. The final touch was a tiny pearl for its eye. It's attached to a white panel using foam tape. The "little one" sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages is stamped in the open space above the image.

The matted image panel is layered over a dotted panel, matching the cute little dotted giraffe. I used a heart die to cut three green felt hearts and lined them up along the edge of the patterned paper panel to finish the cute, gender neutral baby card.

Materials Used:
Sweet Baby and Mega Mixed Messages stamp sets, Spring Moss ink, Spring Moss and White cardstock, Happy Spots patterned paper, Sweet Baby and Heart Prints dies, Spring Moss felt (Papertrey Ink); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); kraft baker's twine (Timeless Twine); self adhesive pearl (Queen & Co.); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips