Monday, November 7, 2011

You Made My Day a Little Bit Brighter

Here's my card for this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge to include an element extending off the edge of your card. I went with my Rainbow and Cloud dies and coordinating stamp set from Lil' Inker Designs for this simple card.

I built my three band rainbow on a light blue panel, sticking with shades of the three primary colors. A pair of felt clouds are layered at the end of the rainbow, extending off of the blue panel. The "you made my day a little bit brighter" sentiment is stamped in red ink at the bottom of the panel.

I wanted to make sure that my card would still be mail-able in a standard envelope, so the extending off the edge of the card piece of the challenge was somewhat tricky at first. I decided to cut 1/2" off of the front panel of the card base before adhering the blue panel to it. The clouds extend beyond the cardfront, but the card will still fit inside an envelope. Problem solved!

Materials Used:
Rainbow and Clouds stamp set and die (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Ladybug ink (Tsukineko); Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); white felt

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the clouds and rainbow! Gorgeous design, Lori! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!
    Thanks for playing at Cas-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips