Friday, December 2, 2011

Blogger Challenge: Week 232

This week’s blogger challenge theme is anything but a card. I used the new CutUps gift card envie die from The Cat’s Pajamas to create a simple basket for the challenge.

I started by die cutting 4 gift card envelopes from kraft cardstock. I scored each one on the fold lines, then attached the envelopes together to form a square shape, using the side flaps to secure them. To reinforce the bottom (which has an open space when you’re done forming the basket), I cut a 3 1/2” cardstock square and attached that to the underside of the basket. I cut a square of patterned paper and set that on the inside to hide the opening from view when looking into the basket.

Once the basic basket shape was assembled, I die cut more of the same patterned paper using the envelope flap section of the die and attached it to the matching pieces on the basket. I went with a red and cream houndstooth pattern for a trendy, festive look. A single button was set at the "point" of each decorative piece to dress it up.

To make the handle, I die cut a kraft strip using the new CutUps Ribbon Slide die. After threading some cranberry seam binding through the die cut strip, I attached it to the basket. I used a little more of the seam binding to make a pretty bow to set on top of the handle.

The basket’s filled with an ornament shaped container of bath salts that I found in the dollar section at Target. I made a coordinating tag for the container using one of the CutUps Circus Panels dies and more of the same designer paper and attached the tag with a little baker’s twine.

For more anything but a card ideas, check out the link list below. And, if you’d like to join the challenge, add a direct link to your new anything but a card project below.

Materials Used:
Peeking stamp set, CutUps Gift Card Envie, Ribbon Slide, and Circus Panels dies, cranberry seam binding, Divine Twine red baker’s twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Crystal Wilkerson Merry & Bright digital designer paper from Jessica Sprague); red buttons (Michaels)

8 comments:

  1. Lori, this is so cool, I love how you used the envies to make this. Would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful gift idea. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really clever and fun. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cute gift basket- and the festive paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic little basket Lori! Love how you made the handle! Very clever! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You created this basket beautifully, Lori. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, your creation is so precious--I love it!!!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips