Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy Hanukkah Dreidel Box

Here’s my project for the latest Lawnscaping challenge to make a tag or a treat box. I made both—wonder if I get extra credit for that?? It’s the first time this season I’ve inked up my Lawn Fawn Happy Hanukkah set, which was perfect for what I had in mind for the challenge.

I made a little dreidel box that’s just the right size to hold a few chocolate coins (Hanukkah gelt) along with a coordinating tag. For the box, I located and downloaded a simple dreidel box template and printed it on blue cardstock. The box was easily assembled with the help of my ScorBuddy and some narrow ScorTape. I printed the Hebrew letters for each of the 4 sides on silver paper, cut them out, and attached them to the sides to make the box look more dreidel-like. A piece of blue plastic straw was added as the dreidel's stem.

I die cut a tag from matching blue cardstock and decorated it to go with the dreidel box. The set’s Star of David image is stamped in silver ink and layered on a dark blue circle and attached to the tag with dimensional dots. I stamped the set’s “Happy Hanukkah” sentiment in blue ink on a white notch-edged strip and attached it to the tag, extending off of both edges. Some shimmery silver ribbon secures it to the dreidel’s straw handle to make a sweet Hanukkah treat.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn Happy Hanukkah stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Bahama Blue ink, May Arts silver metallic velvet ribbon, Spellbinders circle dies, ScorBuddy, 1/8” ScorTape, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Blueberry Sky cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Night of Navy and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); silver paper (Recollections); tag die (Clear and Simple Stamps)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Lori... your dreidel box is so creative, and I love the matching tag. I'm so glad you joined the Lawnscaping Challenge. Very cute work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute, and I love that you made both and what a perfect pair indeed! Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loving that sparkly ribbon too!!!!! So glad you joined us for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project, Lori! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....simply beautiful. Fantastic creation Lori. Thank u for playing with us at Lawnscaping ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips