Saturday, January 14, 2012

I Love You This Much

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I’ve had this Jolinne set for a while and hadn’t used her yet and thought she’s be a nice fit for the sketch.

I colored Jolinne with Copic markers and cut her out, using a craft knife for some of the smaller interior sections. With the string of hearts stretched between her hands, I thought that some love-themed papers would be a good match for the image.

I found some BoBunny Crazy Love papers in shades of pinks and browns with a little bit of red thrown in, too. I played around a little with the arrangement before coming up with this one. I added a fancy open scalloped die cut strip topped with rose grosgrain ribbon across the bottom of the card and stamped the word “love” from one of the set’s sentiments to fit on the tiny pennant that I set next to the image panel. The sketch was definitely not something I would have come up with on my own and took a little thinking to put all the elements in place--guess that's why it's called a challenge!

Materials Used:
Jolinne-I Love You This Much stamp set, Die-Namics Double Scallop Border and Mini Pennants dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pretty in Pink and Crumb Cake cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Crazy Love 6x6 paper pad (BoBunny); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips