Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Love {U}

Here's my card for January's second Viva la Verve sketch. I want to give you fair warning--it's kind of bright! Now that I look at it, I see lots of similarities to the Pepto Bismol I was downing over the weekend . . .

Anyway, as you can probably guess, I made a sweet Valentine using the sketch. The color combination actually came from a Doodlebug Design paper collection. I used two of the papers for the panels on the cardfront. Each panel is matted on light pink cardstock, then set on a heart and dot embossed darker (or brighter?) pink panel.

I die cut a heart from light pink paper using Verve's Jotted Heart die, then stamped the matching image over it in the same light pink ink. The "love" sentiment from the Love Notes set is stamped over that in darker pink ink. It's set on the card and accented with a pink button tied with pink baker's twine. At the last minute, I decided to add the die cut "{u}" to the cardfront. I think it was a good call!

Materials Used:
Love Notes stamp set, Jotted Heart die (Verve Stamps); Pretty in Pink and Pixie Pink Classic inks, Pretty in Pink and Pixie Pink cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Cake 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); Hearts and Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); pink grosgrain ribbon (Morex); pink baker's twine (Divine Twine); corner rounder; pink button

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips