Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Shine

***Scroll down to the post below to see this week's Color Throwdown challenge!***

It was a dreary, rainy day here, so it was nice to stamp something bright and cheery when I got home from work today! I made this quick card based on today's SCS sketch challenge.

I used Papertrey Ink's Lighten Up set for my focal image. The lamp was die cut from cardstock scraps. The shade's stamped with a large floral pattern, but the tone on tone colors didn't show well in the photo. It's attached to the white panel with foam tape. I stamped the set's "Shine! It's your day," sentiment next to the lamp image in turquoise ink.

I picked a bold and bright chevron pattern from the Funky Town papers for the four panels on the cardfront. After arranging them on the cardfront, I attached the image panel on top. To complete the visual triangle on the image panel, I added a pink button, tied with matching baker's twine.

Materials Used:
Lighten Up stamp set, Hawaiian Shores and Raspberry Fizz inks, Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, and Kraft cardstock, Funky Town patterned paper, Lighten Up dies, Hibiscus Burst button (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); baker's twine (The Twinery); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Lori this is fantastic! I love your design and love the new Lighten Up die and stamp.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips