Saturday, March 31, 2012

Thanks Teacher

I’m still working on building up my stash of teacher thank you cards, so here’s another one that fits the bill. I used this week’s CPS sketch as inspiration for my design.

I stamped the chubby pencil image from the Paper Smooches Smarty Pants set on a scrap of white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers, then cut it out. It’s set on a piece of yellow striped paper using dimensional dots. I stamped the set’s “thanks teacher” sentiment just above the pencil in coordinating red ink. To bring in a little more red, I wrapped some red baker’s twine around the top of the striped panel, securing it with a bow. The panel’s set on a kraft card base. I may make a few more of this same design using a different color scheme since it’s quick and easy to put together--and pretty cute, too!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Smarty Pants stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks, Copic markers (R12, R14, R17, R81, R83, RV00, E41, E42, C-1, C-3, C-5), Jillibean Soup Homemade 6 Bean Soup 6x paper pad, Divine Twine red baker’s twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love the chubby pencil. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this cute!!! Love that little pencil and how you used that CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips