Sunday, April 29, 2012

Krafty Love

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge and Verve's current Diva Dare to use chipboard, corrugated cardboard, or kraft on your project.  It's based on this simple Valentine's Day card seen here.  I loved the card's clean and simple layout along with a tiny sparkly accent--and it's use of one of my favorites, kraft cardstock.

My version keeps the basic layout the same, but changes up the color scheme a bit and uses a slightly different background for the sparkly accent piece.  I used a cream, dark brown, and kraft color scheme for the card since the text patterned paper I used had brown print.  I attached the torn text paper to a kraft panel with rounded corners, then wrapped a piece of cream satin ribbon from my scrap pile around the panel.

Instead of using a beveled window piece to hold the sparkly heart accent, I die cut a tag shape from a kraft scrap.  A pair of glittery hearts, cut with Verve's From the Heart die, sits on the tag.  I stamped the "together forever" sentiment from the Love Notes set at the bottom of the kraft panel.  I think this one would make a nice anniversary card!

Materials Used:
Love Notes stamp set, From the Heart die (Verve Stamps); Memento Lady Bug ink (Tsukineko);  Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Dearest Jane patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); red glitter cardstock (Recollections); tag die (Sizzix); cream ribbon (Michaels); linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas); Bow Easy

While I had my Verve stamps out, I thought I'd get started on this month's Viva la Verve sketches--and on my Mother's Day cards, too.  I used this month's first sketch to create this pretty card.

I combined the "happy Mother's Day" sentiment from Because of You with the flower pair from Kind Words for my focal image.  I used green ink for the sentiment and stems and purple ink for the flowers.  The centers of the flowers are dotted with Liquid Pearls for a little dimension.

I used two different patterned papers from the same collection along with a neutral kraft piece for the panels on my cardfront.  The kraft and patterned panels were matted on solid green cardstock pieces before they were attached to the cardfront.  The green looks a little more brown in the photo than it is IRL.  A strip of purple satin ribbon runs across the cardfront.  I added the image panel over the ribbon, then used my Bow Easy to make a matching bow as an accent.

Materials Used:
Kind Words and Because of You stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Winter Wisteria and Simply Chartreuse inks, Ripe Avocado and Winter Wisteria cardstock, Pacific Vineyard patterned paper, Winter Wisteria satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Bow Easy

1 comment:

  1. this is precious Lori, so glad you took the Verve Diva Dare!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips