Thursday, May 24, 2012

Metropolis Hello

Here’s my card for the current Paper Smooches Sparks Cool Shades color challenge. I used the colors, plus a neutral gray, to create this card featuring a simple 3-D scene.

The scene’s made with the Metropolis set. I stamped one of the building images on gray cardstock and cut it out, then filled in the windows with some Glossy Accents for a glass-like look. I stamped the building a second time, this time directly on the aqua card base and outlined the stamped image with darker aqua markers to get a shadowy look. The building’s set inside the outline with dimensional dots.

I used a strip of striped paper tape to make a road underneath the building. The set’s car image is added to the road with more dimensional dots. I used die cut felt pieces to make a sun and cloud for the sky. A yellow baker’s twine threaded button gives the sun a whimsical look. I stamped the “hello” sentiment from the Chit Chat set underneath the road in orange ink to complete the card.

Materials Used: 
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Metropolis and Chit Chat stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Tangelo inks, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (BG0000, BG10, BG13, Y13, C-1), Ranger Glossy Accents, Divine Twine orange baker’s twine, Pollika orange and white felt, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other: Aqua Mist cardstock, cloud die (Papertrey Ink); Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); pinking circle die (Spellbinders); striped paper tape

3 comments:

  1. Really fun design, Lori! I really like all of the texture and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cynthia-love all the texture and dimesion. I like your idea to use paper tape for the road,too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, love the card. The idea for the sun is great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips